Sunday, November 27, 2011

Social Action (#4)

In my book Evermore by Alyson Noel, I've noticed that a social issue in it is bullying. The main character Ever is a victim of bullying.

One example of this is when Ever accidentally ran in to the mean girl Stacia in the hall. Ever had accidentally ripped Stacia's dress. Stacia went on to call her a "freak", a "loser" and took shots at her deceased family.

This isn't the first incident Ever had with Stacia. Another time was when she was initially flirting with Ever's boyfriend. She also tried to blackmail Ever with an embarrassing photo. Basically, Stacia hates Ever and vice versa.

I think Stacia needs to lay off of Ever. She's been through enough. And what is she getting out of it? I can't even begin to think why Stacia tortures Ever. It's stupid. The only solution I could think of is for Ever to tell Stacia to leave her alone once and for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment