Friday, May 18, 2012

First Review of The Perks Of Being A Wallflower

I am more than halfway through The Perks Of Being A Wallflower and I'm pretty sure it's the best book I have ever read. It's unreal how much I can relate to this book. It deals with a lot of teen topics like first dates/crushes, drug use, sex and introversion vs extroversion. The author Stephen Chbosky wraps it up in a wonderful, relatable way.

The protagonist Charlie is a shy freshman in high school. Then he meets his soon to be best friends Sam and Patrick and his life starts to change for the happier. Sure he starts smoking but that's not really the case. He's learning to be his own person and to not be so shy. He's really accomplishing that too. I'm happy for him... I'm talking about him like he's real person...that's how great this book is.

""I feel infinite." Sam and Patrick turned and looked at me like that was the greatest thing they ever heard." (94) I don't know about you but that's the greatest thing I've ever heard. The best thing about is that you can interpret "I feel infinite" however you like. I think it means you feel like you feel free. Like you feel light and can go on forever.

“I don’t know if you’ve ever felt like that. That you wanted to sleep for a thousand years. Or just not exist. Or just not be aware that you do exist. Or something like that. I think wanting that is very morbid, but I want it when I get like this. That’s why I’m trying not to think. I just want it all to stop spinning." (94)  This is another very VERY relatable quote. I cannot tell you how many times I have felt like that. I know you have to. At least once. When Charlie said “I don’t know if you’ve ever felt like that" I was just amazed at that. I was basically like Charlie you know my life. I don't even care how mellow-dramatic that sounds.

I cannot wait to finish this book. I know it will end in a fantastic way. I just really want to see how.

1 comment:

  1. great peace of info thanks for sharing.
    http://phen375loss.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete